Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Big Project...

I am so excited!  I got a big orange package in the mail today from Shutterfly... a book of Addy's first year!  I just ordered it last Wednesday so it got here quicker than I expected.  My friend Leah told me about the book that Kelle Hampton does for her girls each year and I decided that I wanted to make a book for Addy's first year (not on the level of her book - but it was a good inspiration!).  I had fun working on this project and I obsessed about it for a few weeks, neglecting to clean the house, cook dinner or wash clothes so I could steal away to the computer every time Addy took a nap!  If you read our blog regularly, you will see a lot of the same pictures... probably because I pick out my favorite pictures to post on the blog so I wanted to use some of the same ones in her book.  It was very helpful to have the blog to look back at each month and remember what Addy was doing at that time.  I hope to do one each year and give them all to Addy one day.  Here's a link to the book if you have a few minutes and want to view.  The text is too small to see on the computer screen (but not in real life!).


6 comments:

  1. I love it! This is such a great idea! The pictures are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charity - It wasn't my idea so I can't take credit but thanks! Thanks for taking the time to look at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! I started Tucker's 2nd year after we talked about it...now I really can't wait to get busy on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren it was an ok book. it started out a little slow, then it picked up a little bit around page 9 it got a little of my attention, then it got really boring I think I fell asleep a couple of times, then like a beam from heaven on page 81 it became the most awesome book I have ever put my eyes on. but then I got a little boring again....You worked hard on this and it shows to be honest I am a little worried that Addy will have permanent flash spots in her vision with all the pictures that have been taken of her. My only suggestion....put her in a close and lock her up from now till Oct 7 so she doesn’t do anything else cute so you don't have to make an addendum to this great book. Love yall and love my Addy, thank you for Letting LeAnn and I be a part of your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, y'all are so sweet! I knew you would like page 81, Heath. And did you notice the appearance of the double doozie cookie? Courtney, I want to see Tucker's when you finish! It is addictive so watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!!! Now I want to do one for Luke. Like I needed anything else to do, ha! So, so sweet. I tried scrapbooking and it is definitely not for me but this is such a great idea. I guess I better get going!

    ReplyDelete