Santa Claus came to our house on Christmas Eve... but first, we had a very interesting night, one I'm not too sure I should share on the world wide web but I know looking back I will think it was funny (I hope!) so I'm going to record it anyway... consider this a warning though - there is a gross story below! Skip to the pictures if you don't want to read!
As I posted about earlier, we had Christmas with my family on the 24th and we were a little later getting back to our house than we meant to be so we had a plan worked out for a quick bath, fix Santa's cookies & milk and get Addy to bed so that Santa didn't pass over our house! (Addy received a letter from Santa earlier in the week that said hers would be one of the first houses he stopped at so she had to go to bed early!)
SO, Courtney was on bath duty and for whatever reason, Addy decided to stick her tongue out or lick the soap suds off the washcloth when Courtney was washing her face (since this episode, he does not use soap in the face washing!)... she thought it was nasty and tried to get the soap out of her mouth, started gagging and Courtney jerked her out of the tub and tried to rinse her mouth out with water from the sink to help the soap go away.
I came in during the middle of all this and ran to the kitchen to get her some water. He put her back in the tub and two seconds later, she threw up everywhere! GROSS!!! I will spare all the details but we decided that at mealtimes we need to remind Addy about the idea of chewing your food before you swallow because it was evident what she had just eaten for supper did not get chewed up! We got her out of the tub (I think I was hysterical and crying at this point because I thought something was horribly wrong with her and Courtney was not feeling too sympathetic because he had told her a hundred times to close her eyes & mouth so he could wash her face!) and she proceeded to throw up in the bathroom sink. Nice... I wrapped her up in a towel and sat down on the side of the tub when she started throwing up again so I aimed her toward the tub where there was already a mess to clean up!
After she stopped, she looked in the bathtub and said "what'd I just do in the tub?" (bless her heart, right?) We told her what happened and why she got sick and she said "I wanna show JJ & Daddy Jim!" and then, "I'm hungry! I want some supper!" Food was the last thing either one of us wanted at that point! In the end, she was fine... I called poison control because when I googled "toddler eats soap" I found several stories where the people either took their child to the ER or should have taken them to the ER (the last place we wanted to go on Christmas Eve!). They told us to dilute the soap by having her drink water before bed. She was fine but was a little skiddish about getting a bath the next morning but needless to say, she doesn't eat soap anymore!
After the drama of the night, we fixed a plate for Santa and a glass of milk and got in the bed... the next morning, we found out that Santa DID come to our house even though we were late getting in the bed!
 |
| Getting Santa's snack and the reindeer food ready to go... |
 |
| "Oh, a KITCHEN!" is what we heard on Christmas morning :) |
 |
| Making sure Santa drank his milk and ate his cookie |
After we checked out the presents from Santa, we ate breakfast together and got ready for a 10:00 a.m. church service. We came home and all took naps and then our immediate families came over that night to see Addy and eat dinner and visit. It was one of my favorite Christmases!
 |
| LOVE this face! |
 |
| Courtney & Addy after church on Christmas morning |
 |
| Addy & me |
 |
| Courtney was taking Addy's order (see her at the "window" on the other side) |
 |
| Addy wanted to take KK's order that night when everyone came over... KK was a good sport! |
 |
| Kyle & Courtney |
Poor thing!! You know we are constantly getting on to Anna Riley for drinking the bath water out of the cups she plays with in the tub or eating the soap bubbles! I may need to really make sure she doesn't do it!! Looks like y'all had a good Christmas other than that though! Love her kitchen!!
ReplyDelete