Monday, August 29, 2011

Splish Splash

At the beginning of August, Addy & I drove to Birmingham one day to visit my aunt Lisa and cousins Erin (& Nico), Mackenzie & Slate.  We had so much fun visiting and I'm so glad Lisa emailed me these pictures!  While we were there, Addy and Slate were playing hide and seek.  (Mostly Slate would hide and Addy would try to find him.)  He pretended to be in the air vent that was in the floor (but he was really under the bed).  Addy still goes up to the air vents and says "Slate in there?"

Erin & I are the same age and we were thick as thieves growing up. We have been known to do some silly things like taking our own glamour shots pictures when those were in style but the thing I remember most vividly was making Care Bear "costumes" out of poster board for our very own musical! We made our parents and grandparents pay to come watch us! We used to stay for a week at my grandparents house in the summer (and I'm sure we drove them crazy!) but the highlight of the week was going to Noccalula Falls (and getting ice cream at Jack's!). We loved swimming in the lake at my grandparents' and we made up new words to that song, Splish Splash I Was Taking a Bath. I told Erin, so many times when I am giving Addy a bath I start singing our old version of that song! Ha ha!

Addy loved Mackenzie's bear and she loved playing with Slate!

Mackenzie and Addy

It was so hot!!  Erin, Addy and I (and I think that's Slate at the end?)


No comments:

Post a Comment