Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fun Saturday Morning!

Courtney has started a new tradition at the LeCroy household on Saturday mornings... FRENCH TOAST!  The tradition is in its second week and I must say, I fully support this new idea.  Courtney is quite the french toast chef!  And Addy likes it too so it works out well for all three of us!

This Saturday, we started the morning off with some delicious breakfast courtesy of Courtney and then we threw on some clothes and headed over to campus to scout out some ducks.  My friend Tiffany has told us about the pond where the ducks live behind Lakeside Dining on campus and how her little girl Emma loves to visit the ducks.  We stopped by the store and got a loaf of bread and ventured over to the duck pond.  Wow.  I did not realize how serious these ducks would be about the bread!  They were all sitting on the bank as we approached and appeared to be taking a nap but one of them must've smelled us coming and decided to alert his friends.  Before we even got over to the ducks, they were waddling over to us to check out the bread bag. (Note: For someone who is slightly afraid of birds - me- it was probably not the best idea for a family field trip!)  I was more than afraid that one of the ducks would think Addy was a piece of bread so I wanted to hold her up out of their beak range.  They were not afraid of us at all and walked right up to get some bread!  They were a little more agressive than I thought they would be!  But we had fun and Addy loved seeing the "cack cacks"  

Checking out the pond...

Cack Cacks!
They were going after Courtney... he had the bread!

Addy rarely will hold our hands so this picture is even more precious!

Chillin' in the wagon... the Riverwalk was so pretty!

After we left campus, we drove over to the Riverwalk and pulled Addy around in her wagon for a little while.  On the way home, Addy fell asleep in the car and slept for 2 hours after we got home!  She was wiped out!  It was a fun Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment