Thursday, October 18, 2012

Terrific Three's

This is another one of those that's probably just for the grandparents to read!

Addy turned 3 on October 7!  We went to the doctor on Tuesday for her checkup and she is in the 60th percentile for weight (32 lbs) and 70th for height (37.5").  She got a finger prick (ouch!) and a flu shot - neither of which rated very high on her list... but the Snow White sticker at the end must've made quite an impression because when we got in the car she said "that was fun, Mommy!" 

Addy is so much fun and she keeps us laughing every day.  I wish I could think of the funny things she says so I could record them here but I am drawing a blank.  I will have to do better.


She loves shoes.  And anything girly - rings, purses, did I mention shoes?  But she does love to play outside and occassionally get dirty (but not sweaty - she gets that from her mama!)  She is a big fan of pretending... it wears me out sometimes because I can't keep up with who she is pretending to be at the moment and she gets upset if I call her Addy and she's pretending to be "Miss Michelle" or "Miss Suzanne."  Not only does her name change but her babies' names also change, depending on what "mom" name she is!  Ha!!  She loves to play school, grocery store and "take your order" more than anything else. 


Speaking of babies, Addy loves them.  Since she has an October birthday she is in with the younger ones at church still and she loves to "help" the little ones.  She gets upset if I pick her up too early and she doesn't get to play long enough!


She started taking a nap at school 2 days a week this year and she has told me more than once "I love taking a nap at school, Mommy.  And it's so fun to eat lunch there too!"  I was all worried about how she would do and I cried the first day I left her all day but she did great.  Her teachers this year are Mrs. Melanee and Mrs. Kathy.  She told me she loves them and they love her!


Our next door neighbor Lily who is in 3rd grade comes over a few times a week to see if Addy can play and that makes Addy feel like such a big girl!  I tend to hover, I know, but I don't feel comfortable letting my 3 year old go in the front yard and the street by herself just yet so Courtney or I will usually tag along :)


She has "come out of her shell" a little more when we are around other folks... since before she was 2 she has been so talkative at home and no one ever believed us because in public she would be so shy and quiet!  I guess it is partly an age thing because I have noticed her friends that are the same age have started being more "social" too.  I think school has helped her a lot in that department, too.


She is still not a fan of sharing, at all.  Or taking turns.  I am hoping sometime between age 3 and 4 we can grasp the concept that we will no longer have friends if we don't learn to be kind and share!  Courtney tells her a story his Nanny used to tell him about "selfish Alice" and we remind her that "a friend loves at all times" according to Proverbs but in the heat of the moment, she is just not going to give that toy she really loves to anybody else.  Ugh :)


Her present for her birthday was a "big girl room" and so far the transition from crib to bed has been smoother than I expected... let's hope it stays that way!  She still ends up in our bed occasionally (last night!) but I know she won't want to sleep with us when she's 12 so I'm okay with that.

We love our three year old girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment