Wednesday, December 1, 2010

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stage that Addy is at right now?  She is so cute and fun and I promise, every night at least once a night, either Courtney and I will say to the other one "I just love Addy.  She is so sweet!" (even on the nights she has been throwing her food on the floor at dinner or pitching a minor fit because we took a toy away)!  I know all parents probably feel this way but it is just an indescribable love and joy that fills my heart even as I am sitting here typing and thinking about her!

Just this week, she has been giving "real" kisses more and more.  For a while, she gave open mouth slobbery kisses and then she got kinda stingy about giving out kisses.  Then she would kiss her baby dolls or stuffed animals but not people.  Now she is back to passing out kisses when you ask for one and instead of a slobbery wet kiss, she will come up and make a smacking kiss sound on your cheek.  It is priceless!  She gave her daddy a kiss tonight before bed and you didn't hear it from me but I could just see his face light up... so sweet!!!

2 comments:

  1. We do this too! Isn't this stage so much fun? It's always so fun what they can come up with. I also love the kisses and Luke did exactly like Addy! We are coming out of the stingy phase of kisses and he is passing them out like crazy. It is just the sweetest thing!

    I love reading about sweet little Addy, she is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, I stumbled on your blog and love to see what Addy is doing since Patton is right behind her. I agree with you...this is such a wonderful age. We are having so much fun. Patton still gives the open mouth kisses but I'll take what I can get! :)

    ReplyDelete