Saturday, November 13, 2010

Great Day!

What a great Saturday!  We started off with French Toast thanks to Courtney, then followed with a trip to the playground where Addy enjoyed swinging and sliding (with some help!) and walking/running around.  After lunch, Addy took a long nap before we headed to the quad for some tailgating action.  The weather was so nice today and it wasn't as crowded on the quad so Addy had plenty of room to run around.  She thought the corn hole game board was a slide and had fun dropping the bean bags in the hole!  She was pretty sweet while we were there which made it more enjoyable for Courtney and I :)  We came home to put her to bed and watched the game on the couch... a nice victory for the Tide! 


Swinging... she really loved it but she is not showing it on her face here!

Weeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!  I think we said that at least 99 times while at the playground!

Courtney and Addy... looking for ducks but we didn't find any today.

Here is an action shot in the swing... but you still can't tell that she is loving it!

What a beautiful November morning!  I love fall colors!

At the quad this afternoon...

She was getting good at the sliding thing today! 
I left out one part of our day though... when we left campus, we had to run to Target to get supplies for our shoebox for Operation Christmas Child.  I was online printing the labels just now and thinking how blessed we are that we live in the United States and we have a roof over our head and food to eat and clothes to wear and toys to play with and families and friends that love us and a church to go to that has air conditioning and heat and that we can go to church without being afraid of getting in trouble and I could go on and on... those are just some of the obvious ways we are blessed!  There is a team of 12 folks from our church that left today on a mission trip to El Salvador and as I packed this box to go to a child in Haiti, I also thought of all the children and adults that the mission team will see in El Salvador this week.  There is just so much going on in our world and here I sit in America, thinking about my fun day at the playground and these moms in other countries and yes, here in the U.S., probably even in Northport, AL don't know where they are going to get the next meal to feed their children.  Thinking about that puts tears in my eyes and gives me a different perspective for just a few minutes as I sit here and think.  Kinda makes me embarrassed to post about my "great day!"  It definitely makes me think about what I can do to affect the world around me.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment